REPRESENTATIVES OF MEMBER SCHOOLS of the Barking & Dagenham Schools’ Football Association (Primary) – and parents of district players – please read this privacy notice carefully to see how BDSFA will treat the personal information you provide. This information is collected so we can effectively organise our activities for our members/participants and is sought under the “legitimate interests” basis outlined in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) legislation.
Your Data: Why we need it, what we use it for and when we no longer need it
In order to ensure BDSFA’s calendar of activity is delivered efficiently, your contact details (name, school name and address, telephone number, email address) are held in the BDSFA digital records and are published in any related communications. Your information will be used solely for the purpose of planning, organising, administering, celebrating and governing schools’ football and will be made available only to those who need it for this purpose. You will have been asked at the point of providing that information whether you are happy for it to be used for this purpose: if you don’t think you have given your consent, or if you are unsure about any aspect of this, please contact the association secretary at email@example.com
You can withdraw your consent for all or any of these data uses at any time after you have given consent, by outlining your preferences in writing to the contact above. At the end of each playing season, your data will be retained as part of the BDSFA archive. Should any of your details change at any point, or should you wish for your details to be removed, please inform us and the records will be amended accordingly.
Information about players will be collected so that:
- Records hold their names, contact details and next of kin/emergency contact details;
- We can report on and celebrate individual participation and team achievements;
- We can provide appropriate medical and/or welfare precautions for players;
- We can use imagery in publicity, subject to appropriate consents and safeguards;
- An archive of players can be retained, in the interests of the BDSFA’s history;
- We can keep in touch with players after their time with the BDSFA, if you permit us to do so.
When pupils cease playing with BDSFA, we will:
- Retain their participation record for the archive;
- Retain their contact details, so that we can keep you updated with any of the BDSFA’s activity which may continue to be of interest to you after you have left us, if you expressly ask us to;
- Confidentially destroy the remaining information about your son/daughter, giving particular regard to the security of health/welfare records.
You and/or your child’s personal information will not be shared with others beyond that described here unless BDSFA is legally obliged to do so under English law for statutory, legislative or regulatory purposes.
Using our Website
Accessing your Information:
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you can do so by submitting a “subject access request” to the Association, marking your correspondence “Subject Access Request” and we will respond within 40 days.
Any other queries relating to your information and how we use it should be directed to the association secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: November 2019